You should be very proud to have raised a child who is comfortable in her own skin because, no, not everyone's experience with glasses is a positive one. ummm, i know a friend who has contacts, and she was really escited to wear, them she got so many compliments, from people she hardly knew i was excited too! i was 7; almost 8 when i got my glasses...
i felt unique cuz i was the only one among my friends and in class with glasses...i had to (and still have) to wear them all the time.. recently i've started asking my mum how it feels not to wear glasses?!
i lost them once when i was 13. but i had another pair...i remember i used to have the rope to hang it around my neck; very useful esp since i was a "tom boy". Oh, I loved mine just like she did. In fact I remember doing the very same thing. I can't see past 3 feet in front of me, so hey, who wouldn't be excited. And when she gets older, she can get contacts in all different colors. I have pink, white, black, green and blue contacts (all seperate pairs) But yeah, I love my glasses, and sometimes I wear them just for old time sake. Besides, they make me look smart. at school age every one feel somewhat great of having glasses and even i tried of having glasses when i was studying 6 but the doctor told me that its not essential for me to have glasses at that time i felt very bad
More Questions & Answers...
- How ca I find the e-mail ad of my friend in the Philippines?
- Where can I find a reputable online high school program for my homeschooling son? One that is affordable, also
- Parents - how much summer review of school work for the kids?
- I was homeschooled--does that make me a freak?
- What's the best Christian camp you or your child has ever gone to?