thank you !
Is this for homework? ...Lol... J/k But I'll just do three examples... getting late for moi! ^^'
Simile: is a comparison that uses LIKE or AS
1. Her eyes were like pools of water.
2. His mother moved like a shark as she went through the discount sections.
3. His fortitude was like a strong tower.
Metaphor: comparisons without using LIKE or AS
1. This time, her words were swords that pierced his heart.
2. His thoughts were a maze of confusion: she could not read them. (That was a weird one...)
3. Life is but a vapor in the wind.
Personification: (This is fun) attributing a personage to, commonly, inanimate objects
1.The candle light danced about the darkened room.
2. The trees whispered in the wind.
3. Fear teased her helpless mind.
Hyperbole: (I like this one) Exaggeration used to make a point or some effect
1. I will wait for all eternity so that I can see him once again.
2. His love are as deep as an ocean.
3. Her braces shined as bright as the sun.
I haven't done that in a while! Hope this helps.
a. The cloud looked like a half eaten cookie.
b. He was as skinny as a stick.
c. She sleeps like a rock!
d. Did you know that toads look like leaves?
e. The baby smells like flowers.
a. The tree shook with laughter.
b. The dark clouds danced in the rain.
c. The thunder yelled out.
d. The candy taunted me from behind the counter.
e. The microwave buzzed at me, and whispered for me to get away.
a. The nice lady scooped us mile high ice cream cones.
b. the cell phone rang a million times.
c. My dog barked for days.
d. The microwave took forever to heat up the mashed potatoes.
e. The remote made a noise like a semi crash when it went throught the window!
sorry fo not doing the metaphorsss!11
This article contents is post by this website user, EduQnA.com doesn't promise its accuracy.
More Questions & Answers...